Sunday, July 25, 2010

CHEAPER ALTERNATIVE TO MAC's SPF 15 CREAM FOUNDATION

MAYBELLINE DREAM SMOOTH MOUSSE FOUNDATION
I saw this foundation on the counter for new items at CVS, since they had testers I tried them and searched for my color. My color in MAC Foundation is NC37 on MAC's Studio Fix Fluid.
The color I got on Maybelline's Dream Smooth Mousse is 250 Pure Beige which was a bit too pink for my skintone since I have more of a yellow tone. I do use the 250 Pure Beige in the summer when I'm a little darker. I will purchase a lighter color then comment on how that worked.
It comes in a compact container with a screw on cap, a sponge on the cap but no mirror. The texture is very creamy it is easy to blend and it applies very nicely, it feels creamy when you apply it then it kind a changes the feel of like a liquid foundation during application. It is a lightweight formula and it is supposed to be good for those with dry skin to keep you hydrated but also good for all skin types.  I have been searching for something light but with some coverage since I have some light spots on my cheeks. The coverage is sheer to medium  and it doesn't feel heavy and it gives you that smooth finish. This past days it has been very hot in LA and somedays I feel like not wearing any makeup at all.  It reminded me of MAC's  SPF 15. I tried this at a MAC counter in NC35 and I liked it but it was $32.00 and I wasn't able to get it at the time. The texture on both feel almost the same and Maybelline's Smooth Mousse covers very likely as MAC's SPF 15 and it fealt the same when I was testing it. 
So I purchased it, I applied it with my  foundation brush after my primer and set it with my MAC's MSF Natural in Medium Plus in the day. I went out at night so I wanted more coverage so I set it with Shisheido's Perfect Smoothing Compact Foundation and it looked very nice.
 So far I liked it, it lasted most of the day and at night, and what's good is that I didn't feel oily
The price for this is $9.99 but there was coupons at the counter and I got $2.00 off at CVS this was a huge difference in price to MAC's SPF 15. So if this is something you may be looking for or you really like MAC's SPF 15 but is out of your budget for now. Check out your local
CVS or maybe Rite-Aid and pick one up.

Hope this was helpful to you all..
Thanks for stopping by!
Laura

4 comments:

  1. need to check that out ,,

    great review ,, thx .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to give this a try sometime. I just starting using the dream mouse concealer. Have you tried them?
    I left you an award on my blog!

    http://missysassypants.blogspot.com/2010/07/i-heart-your-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that! While I love having the name brands sometimes it's necessary to get the cheaper alternative...

    follow us?
    http://stylishlygifted.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would really love to try this foundation but then the colours!!!!!!!! i hate it!! it doenst match my skin tone =[

    ReplyDelete