Thursday, July 22, 2010

CHEAPER ALTERNATIVES AND COMPARABLE TO HIGH END FACE PRIMERS


AVON MAGIX FACE PERFECTOR
COMPARABLE TO
MAC'S PREP & PRIME SKIN BASE

Avon Magix Face Perfector is a colorless gel-powder with SPF 20 to prevent sunburn. I apply this after my moistourizer and before my foundation. This goes on silky smooth and dries to a satin powdery finish. I have combination skin and on this summer weather my skin gets oily on my T-Zone. When I apply this my make-up does last longer and I don't need to touch up so much. The price on this is $10.00 but it does go on sale for $7.99 often.
So far I like this a lot and I recommend it.
Avon Magix Face Perfector is similar to Mac's Prep & Prime Skin Base only in the texture of gel-powder feel. I actually like Avon's Magix better since I feel that it lasts longer and keeps me free of shine longer as well. I didn't feel that Mac's Prep & Prime did this for me as I fealt more oily than usual with it. 

The price 
Avon Magix Face Perfector $10.00
MAC's Prep Prime Skin Base $25.00


 
MONISTAT CHAFING GEL
SMASHBOX PHOTO FINISH

I heard about using Monistat Chafing Gel as a face primer on a You Tube Video and I just had to try this. I know the name does sound scary there for a bit, and who would think that you would use this product on your face right? This stuff does work and I recommend it to those that may be on a budget. 
The texture of Monistat Chafing Gel is the same as Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. It's a soft silky gel like product, it goes on very smooth, makes your foundation last longer and it gives you that flawless look we love. Just as good as Smashbox Photo Finish. I love Smashbox's Photo Finish but when I can afford it I go to Monistat now. They work the same and so far I haven't experienced any brakeouts on my skin or that oily look I hate.  

The prices
Monistat Chafing Gel $7.00
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer $36.00 

This reviews are based on my personal opinion after actually using the products.
I hope that this information can be useful to you all.

Thanks for Stopping By!










2 comments:

  1. What a great review!:D It's always good to know cheaper alternatives!:D

    I am your newest follower!:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    Beauty. Fashion. Interior Design.
    & Life According to Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No i'm your newest follower lol. x

    ReplyDelete